SOFIA – On 1st of October 2009 it was held the Third Regional Tax Conference, whose host and organizer this year was the National Revenue Agency of the Republic of Bulgaria.
On the Conference, which presents traditional annual meeting of the highest management of the tax authorities from the Balkan region, the main topic of discussion, common cooperation and exchange of experience was “Efficient cooperation in the area of tax control”.
- Tax control in case of crisis
- Cross-border cooperation and activities
- Cooperation within the frames of EU Legislation and International Agreements
- Methods for efficient cooperation in the area of the tax control (bilateral and international agreements)
The measures and the activities between the Tax Administrations in the area of audit supervision will be implemented in the following period and during 2010.
Macedonia and Slovenia with common topic
In the eve of holding the Tax Conference, on 30 September 2009 the Director of PRO, Goran Trajkovski held a meeting with the General Director of the Slovenian Tax Administration, Mojca Centa, on which was discussed about the “Role of the tax authorities in case of recession”. This will be the common topic for both countries on the regional meeting.
Taking into consideration the necessity of deepening the cooperation with the countries from the region, in 2007 on the initiative of the Public Revenue Office was held the First Balkan Tax Conference. After three years from the First Conference, today the list of the participants and International organizations interested in participating is increasing, emphasizing the importance of this event.
- 2007 the First Regional Tax Conference (organized by Republic of Macedonia)
- 2008 the Second Regional Tax Conference (organized by Republic of Albania)